Friday, November 11, 2011

dinner and a show

I’ll start this post with the good stuff…here’s what we had for dinner last week:

On Monday I made my version of a margherita pizza…



Recipe from here
On Wednesday I made some chicken enchilada soup…


Soup is from this

And on Thursday we had chicken potpie…


Recipe is from eatliverun.com


My favorite dish this week was the chicken potpie.  Next time I think I might try and do little individual pies though.  How cute would those be?!

In other news, yesterday I almost had a heart attack in the dining room/office of my apartment. 

I went in there to print a form that I needed for school, and in the middle of printing the paper got all jammed up, and I got one of those lovely “error” messages on my screen.  “Oh, thank you HP message center.  I had no idea there was a paper jam, even though the machine is making some of the strangest sounds I’ve ever heard and there’s a half-printed half-crinkled mess stuck in the depths of my printer.”  I digress.  So, I opened the little door that leads to the ink cartridges, and attempt to un-jam the paper from those little roller things (very technical term, I know).  After a good 3 minutes of fighting with said roller things, I finally freed the paper.  Hooray for me!  Little did I know that the paper freeing was going to be the easy part of this tale.

Upon further examination, I realized that there was something wedged in between all of the mechanisms of my printer/ink cartridge holder.  It looked like dust, or maybe little fibers from the ink cartridge—no biggie.  I swept the area with my fingers only to realize that it was not dust or fibers, but instead a giant, scary, total-freak-out-inducing cockroach.  Sweet baby Jesus.  I screamed and screamed to no one in particular, and then came to a startling realization.  I was going to have to get rid of this creature on my own because if I left it for the man of the house I would have to sit by myself with the fact that there is a live cockroach somewhere in the apartment looming in my mind for about two hours.

Armed with a letter opener, I stabbed Mr. Roach and quickly deposited him in the toilet.  It might have been one of the scariest moments of my entire life. 

I don’t think this is what most people have in mind when they hear the phrase, “computer bug”...



If you need me I can be found lysol-ing every inch of the apartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment