Thursday, September 12, 2013

catching up & a recipe!

Howdy ho neighbors!  I think I'm finally back in my normal groove, and that means the blog should be pretty much back to normal as well!  I've been very busy wrapping up my summer, starting a new school year, and getting back into my usual routine.  Here are some scenes from my life lately in case you are interested... 


(Going clockwise from the top left) Austin and me in Houston for my beautiful friend Alexa's wedding, my wedding dress shopping judging panel, one of the cuties I teach on Saturday mornings, baseball cupcakes!, dark hair don't care ;)

Thanks for sticking with me while I adjust back to my school year lifestyle...getting back into the swing of things is tough!

And because it wouldn't be a true post without some food...here's a delicious recipe that I got from my Aunt Lana.  Enjoy!!

Crock-Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
 
Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock-Pot Chicken
4 – 6 Chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
¼ C. Vinegar
1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
¼ C. Brown Sugar
1 t. Garlic Powder

Place chicken in your crock-pot while you mix the other ingredients together in a medium bowl.  Once the sauce is mixed, pour it over the chicken.  Cook everything on low for 4-6 hours.  When the chicken is ready, remove it to a bowl and shred usisng two forks.  Serve it up on a toasted bun!

No comments:

Post a Comment