Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spontaneous Weekend

This weekend we had plans to stay in Dally bar and keep things relatively low key, but that changed really quick after dinner on Friday night...more on that later though.  First I want to tell y'all about date night!!!

On Friday after Austin got off work he picked me up and we went to eat sushi!  Yum yum yum :)  We decided to go to this place called C-rolls...

But, before we left the house Austin had to deal with a little bug problem.  We were sitting on the couch, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a HUGE wasp just chillin' on the blinds.  I screamed at Austin to "kill it!!!!", and so exterminator Harmon jumped into action.  His weapon of choice?  The microwave cover.  
This was quite the adventure...
Once Austin had the beast trapped he brought it down to the floor and then smashed it with a candle.  After all of the insect drama we finally headed out to go get that sush!  We started with some edamame and chicken fried rice, both of which were delish. (How can you really screw up edamame though? haha)
Austin doesn't like these little soy beans, so more for me :)

He stuck to this rice instead...
After the apps we shared two rolls:
This one was basically like a California Roll, but a little jazzed up...it was just ok
The Frankford Roll...this one was a real winner.  SO yummy!!!
I think we will definitely be back here when we are craving sushi again.  Way to go C-Rolls! 

So onto the spontaneous part of the weekend.  After dinner we went to Barnes and Noble (so romantic) to look at study guides for my upcoming teacher certification test.  While I was browsing the 4-8 generalist books Austin bounds up to me and says, "How spontaneous are you feeling right now?"  I responded, "Where do you want to go...", and then he told me his big plans to drive to San Antonio and float the river.  I got my Sunday shift covered at work, and we were off!  It was already 10:15ish by the time we left Dallas, so we didn't get to San Antonio until about 3:30 in the morning.  So, we were sleepy, but on Saturday we perked up real quick once we got in that river.  It was so much fun, and we were really glad we ended up going!  We stayed at our friend Paul's house, and I think my favorite part of the weekend was Paul pulling out his old stories that he wrote in the first grade.  There was a story about a "shrinking machine", another about manifest destiny, and (my personal favorite) a horror story called The Man With the Bony Knees.  I was crying I was laughing so hard while Paul read these aloud to us.

On Sunday we met my friend Rebecca (aka Gabe) and her sisters for a quick lunch, and then we headed back home.  It was definitely a long, tiring weekend, but we had SO much fun :)

I'm making some quick and easy (but delicious) dinners this weekend, so look out for some how-to's later this week!

I'll leave you with Austin and my "sushi faces":


Have a great week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment