Tuesday, February 4, 2014

super bowl sunday!

Well, Sunday was the big day!  Did y'all watch?? 


The actual Super Bowl was pretty underwhelming, but we still had a good time.  Austin and I hosted a small get together at our apartment which is always fun for me.  I love playing hostess!


We had a big table that was filled with food thanks to all of our guests!  We had snacks before, during, and after dinner, but the main course was pizza and wings (it's the Super Bowl...it'd be unAmerican to have anything else).


I made dips and desserts.  Guacamole is one of my go-tos when it's party time, and I always just play the recipe by ear.  On Sunday I mashed up 6 avocados, the juice of 3 limes, about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro, and plenty of salt and pepper.  I also tried a new dip: a copycat of Chuy's creamy jalapeño ranch.  I used this recipe, and it turned out pretty close to the original!  For desserts I stuck to some classic chocolate chippers and one of Austin's favorites, chubby hubby truffles.  Those are always a hit. 



One thing that made the game a little more interesting was our square bet!  We all got 11 squares, and there was a winner each quarter based on the score.  Our friend Ashley won for quarters 1-3, and our other friend Shannon took home the big prize for the final score!  All of the boys were mad that the girls won it all, and they kept blaming that safety thing on the result.  Whatevaaaa...girls are always right.  They should know that by now.

I hope everyone had a good game day!  I'm off to facilitate STAAR Simulation Tests, so I know you're all jealous.  Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch! We don't have cable and I thought about going somewhere to see the game, but instead I just hibernated. I wouldn't have minded seeing the halftime show, though; sounds like it was really good.

    Good luck during the simulation. I know it's mind numbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Bruno, so I loved halftime. He always does really well live!

      Simulation was boring as usual, but it's over now! Hooray!

      Delete