Tuesday, January 28, 2014

my favorite food blogs

Sometimes I feel really fortunate to live in this day and age.  I don't have to travel to work via horse drawn carriage.  If I have wet clothes, I can put them in a fancy drying box instead of on a line in the yard.  There is a big screen in my living room to keep me entertained at night and on the weekends.

One of my favorite things about this new fangled world we live in, though, is the fact that I can find millions of recipes anytime I want (as long as there's wifi).  When I first started to get into cooking, I would just google whatever it was that I wanted to cook.  I still do that occasionally, but I have nailed down a few "food blog staples" that I tend to check before I look anywhere else.

1) The Pioneer Woman
My favorite food blog is my girl, PW.  Ree has delicious recipes, and I love her step by step instructions with pictures!  She makes everything easy peasy.  The only thing I don't love about her recipes is that I usually have to cut them in quarters because she cooks for so many ding dang people!

Photo credit: Ree Drummond

My favorite thing that I've ever made from Ree's site is her BBQ Chicken Pizza.  We are actually having this tomorrow for dinner, and I cannot wait!

2) Eat Live Run
It's no secret that I love me some recipes from Jenna over at EatLiveRun.  Jenna's recipes are simple, healthy (for the most part), and they are great for Austin and me because she is usually cooking for her and her husband.

Photo Credit: Jenna Beaugh

The best recipe I've ever made from Jenna's site are these Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs.  This is the perfect thing for a romantic, homemade dinner.

3) Joy the Baker
Joy's blog is so fun to read because she is such a great writer.  She always has something to say, and I love the way that she presents her thoughts.  Her recipes are the ones I turn to when I'm feeling adventurous or want to try something a little outside the box.

Photo Credit: Joy Wilson

My favorite dish from Joy are these BLT Corn Salad Wraps.  I usually think of Asian food when I hear "lettuce wraps", but these have more of a Southwestern feel, and they are fantastic.

4) Two Peas and Their Pod
I don't visit this site as religiously as some of the others, but Maria and Josh have some good stuff on their blog.  Their recipes are great for families, and I like hearing about their "pod", Caleb.  

Photo Credit: Maria Lichty

These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies are heaven sent, and they are all thanks to Maria and Josh.  They remind me of one of my favorite Girl Scout Cookies.

5) Recipe Girl
Lori knows her way around a kitchen.  She has TONS of recipes, and she is my go to girl if I need something kid friendly (which isn't very often).  I've made several things from her site, and they have all been a success!

Photo Credit: Lori Lange

My favorite thing I've made from Recipe Girl are Lori's Cinnamon Roll Cookies.  Good gravy, these cookies were the bee's knees.  I can only make these for a crowd because I really think I could eat an entire batch by myself.

Do you love these Internet foodies as much as I do?  What's your favorite food blog?  

5 comments:

  1. I love this post Jamie! I follow several of these blogs already, but I am adding Recipe Girl and Two Peas and Their Pod to my list. I also love My Baking Addiction for desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like My Baking Addiction too! I KNOW you know the best baking sites. :)

      Delete