Monday, March 31, 2014

currently

Currently, I am...

Wearing

A Star Wars t-shirt.


The big, bad STAAR Writing Test is tomorrow and Wednesday, so the teachers and staff at my school dressed up in Star Wars garb today to help our kids "use the force" on their test.  I've never seen Star Wars, and I'd venture to say that it's probably not my cup of tea, but I'll do almost anything to motivate my students!

Listening to

Spotify!  If you haven't heard, spotify is a music program where users pay $10 a month and can download pretty much any song they want.  I have access to it all the time with the app on my phone, and it comes in real handy at the dance studio.  I think the 10 ducks a month is totally worth it!


More specifically, I am still loving Miley's new album, Bangerz.  Also, my favorite song right now is "Latch" by Disclosure.  I can't help but dance when it comes on!

Planning

Our wedding, of course!  We are getting down to the nitty gritty details these days.  Over spring break I got a lot of things accomplished, but there is still much to be done!  We are meeting with our videographer this evening so we can get to know each other before the big day, so that should be fun.  I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of several packages- invitations, table numbers, etc.  At this very moment, I am trying to figure out what songs we want played during our ceremony.  It's times like this that I am so very thankful for the internet.  (I have found myself thinking that a lot throughout this entire process).


I can't believe the big day is less than 3 months away.  I can't wait!!  

Watching

American Idol- I have been a fan of this show from the beginning, and I am loving this season!  The new judging panel is just perfect, and the contestants are very talented.  My favorites are Alex, Jena, and Sam.  I hope Jessica and Malaya go home soon.

The Tonight Show- Have y'all been watching Jimmy Fallon?  In my opinion, he is absolutely killing it as the host.  Austin and I watch every weeknight, and we laugh and laugh.  This is one of my favorite things he has done:


Reading

Allegiant by Veronica Roth.  I read the first two books in the Divergent series awhile ago, and I've had the third book downloaded on my iPad for a few months now.  The thing is, I keep hearing how terrible the ending is, so I can't bring myself to read it.  I'm planning to just suck it up though because it will drive me crazy if I don't finish the series!


I considered including an "eating" category in this post, but I decided to dedicate an entire post to that for later this week.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh STAAR. Just think how good it will feel to have it behind you! I hope your kids do great!

    Like you, I read Allegiant because I had read the other two books and I couldn't not finish the series. I hated it though. It felt like maybe Roth didn't have a vision for how the series would end when she started the first book. Such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I am definitely glad it's over!!

      That really sucks about Allegiant. It makes me sad that I LOVED the first book when I know that I'm probably not going to like the ending. Maybe I could use this as an example as to why it's important to plan and pre-write!

      Delete