Sunday, September 11, 2011

a week of eats

I thought you guys might be interested to see what we ate for din din all week, so here it is!

On Monday night I roasted a chicken, and then served it on top of some homemade rolls with corn on the side:
Recipe for the chicken can be found here
Recipe for the rolls is here
The chicken was so yummy!  I used the leftovers to make chicken salad for Austin and I to eat for lunches.  

On Tuesday we had leftovers from Monday.

On Wednesday I made crunchy garlic chicken with a greek salad:
Recipe for the chicken is from this
For the greek salad I just chop up about 1/2 of a head of lettuce, toss it with some bagged romaine, and then add some roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.  Then, I just drizzle on some greek dressing.

On Thursday we had chicken/salad leftovers, and then on Friday I made this:

Taco soup!  Yummy yummy.  Basically, if you have a can opener you can make this soup.  All you do is brown a pound of ground beef, drain, and start dumping cans into your pot.  To the beef add: 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, 1 can of corn, 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of green chiles, 1 package of taco seasoning, 1 package of ranch dressing mix, and 1 can of water or chicken broth.  Sprinkle in about 3 tablespoons of chili powder, and bring it up to a simmer.  As soon as it's simmering it's ready!  Just top each bowl with some mexican blend cheese, a few avocado slices, and serve with tortilla chips.

For dessert this week I made some oreo balls, and we also snacked on some popsicles.  It was a tasty week!

No comments:

Post a Comment