Thursday, December 8, 2011

joy.

It's December! It's Christmas time! Things are joyful!

Because it's the season to be jolly, here are some things that are making me happy at the moment:

1) My "Tis the Season" board on Pinterest
I've mentioned Pinterest on here before, but I've recently created a Christmas board, and I love it!  Here are some of my favorite things that I've pinned:
My mom needed one of these while my sister and I were growing up haha

Cute!
Martha Stewart's Candy Cane Cocktail
2) This video
When I started watching this, I thought it was going to be dumb, but then something magical happened, and I couldn't help but crack a smile and watch until the end.

3) A few things that my students have said lately...
-A couple of weeks ago I wore a bow in my hair to school.  I received several compliments on it throughout the day, but something a student said during 5th period took the cake:
Student: Ms. Chandler, I love your bow...where did you get it?!
Me: Oh, thank you! It's from a store called "Fairy Godmother" in College Station.
Student: Ohh ok.
...about 5 minutes later...
Student: Wait.  Ms. Chandler, do you HAVE to go to A&M to visit or live in College Station?
Me: Haha, um no.  College Station is a city...it's like how SMU is in Dallas.  Other people are allowed to live in Dallas that don't go to SMU, right?
Student: Ohhhhh, yeah.  Right.

-Recently, the hall/our classroom has started to take on quite the odor.  This is a result of a couple of things.  First, we are right across the hall from the science classrooms.  Lab equiptment + chicken leg dissection labs + 7th graders does not bode well for our noses.  Also, our room is across the way from the bathrooms, and apparently the drains are not on top of their game as of late, and there is some kind of "sewer gas" that's circulating through the air.  Delightful.  Finally, 7th graders are coming and going from sweaty PE activities all day long, and that's pretty self-explanatory.  None of these things are making me joyful...quite the opposite actually.  However, something that one of my kids said today eased my pain:
Student A(walking into the classroom before the bell rang): Ahhh gross it smells like butt hole in here!
Student B: How do you know what butt hole smells like you sick freak?!
Rest of the class: Oooohhhhhhh!!!!!

4) December is not only the month of Christmas, but also the month of bird days!  My Aunt Lala's birthday was the 1st, Austin turned the big 2-3 on the 5th, my mom's birthday is the 18th, and one of my best friend's, Katie, is on the 21st!
Here's Austin and me on his birthday at Benihana...yum!
Oh, and don't forget Jesus and one of my besties, Rebeccca, on the 25th!  Hooray for getting old!

5) The last thing that's making me joyful this December is something that makes me happy year round...cooking!  Here are some of the recipes that I've tried this week:


Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake from the Tasty Kitchen Blog

Way to go Tasty Kitchen Blog...they have some awesome stuff on there!

Next Thursday is my last day of student teaching.  Yesterday I put in my two weeks notice at Carrabba's.  I'll have my teacher certification by the end of the month.  I get to see my family on the 23rd.  I will start subbing/actually getting PAID to teach at the beginning of January.  I have a cute boy to kiss on new year's eve.  There are tons of things to be joyful about right now, and this time of year I am counting my blessings, not my troubles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment