Friday, December 2, 2011

thankful

Okay, I know I know.  I'm over a week late on the turkey day update.  Oopsies :)

Anyway, for the big day I went down to Conroe to spend the day with my family at my cousin's house.  Here's our wonderful spread:

The main event... Two turkeys and a ham! One of the turkeys was fried and the other was cajun smoked.  Both were awesome, and I couldn't stop picking at the platter all day.
fried turkey courtesy of my Uncle Scott

Salads... Dr. Pepper salad, 7 layer salad, and ambrosia salad.


Sides! Green bean casserole, stuffing, squash casserole, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, and rolls.


Desserts!!!  I didn't snap a pic of the entire dessert table because I was too busy drooling, but we had chocolate pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and sopapilla cheesecake.

My cousin, Josh, with his sopapilla cheesecake...he baked that all by himself!
  And here is my plate:



Why don't we eat Thanksgiving food all year round??  This was seriously the best tasting Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had.  I don't know if it's because my family brought out the big guns this year in terms of cooking, or if my taste buds are just growing up, but either way my tummy was happy at the end of the day.

After a glorious lunch, we headed outside to play in a little football game.  My youngest cousin, Shane, was the coordinator:


And my lovely Aunt Lana and Mimi were the refs:


It was a thrilling game between the pilgrims:


and the turkeys!


The pilgrims ended up victorious, but the turkeys definitely put up a fight!  If I learned one thing from this little game though, it's that my family has some inspired touchdown dances.  Ochocinco should take notes on the following pictures:

I call this one "the Jessy stomp"
"The Lala Boo-yah"
"Alisa's woo-hoo arms"
And last, but not least, Brandon's "knee knocker"
I guess any "raw" dancing talent that I have was definitely inherited from these fine people :)

After football and dinner, round 2, we played Taboo.  The teams for this were boys vs. girls, and of course the girls came out on top.



I love my family.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love turkey.  I really love fried turkey.  I love winning games like Taboo.  I can't wait until Christmas...especially because there will be more Mimi-made pecan pie.  Okay, mostly because there will be more Mimi-made pecan pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment