Thursday, June 14, 2012

oh HAIL no...

If you haven't heard, yesterday Dallas had some bad weather.  Here's my account of the storm:

Austin and I had just finished eating dinner, and Austin was on his way out the door to go to a softball game across town.  I was just starting to do the dishes when I heard something bang against the window.  I poked my head outside, and I saw a bunch of little ice balls falling from the sky.    


The first thing I thought was, "Welp, I guess Austin's game is cancelled."  Then, my thoughts started getting rational, "Oh no!  My car!  Doesn't hail do stuff like break windows and make dents?!"  

That car is doomed.
 I wondered if I should make a run for it and try to save Bevy (my car), but look at how BIG these balls of ice were:


No way was I running out there, sister.  Especially after I took a hail ball to the shin just standing on the porch taking pictures...

I'm hit!!
 It stopped hailing after about 10 minutes, and then it just started to pour down rain.  The rain lasted another 10-15 minutes, and then that was that.  I went outside to assess the damage to my car, but it wasn't anything too bad.  The hood has like two little dinks and that's it.  Whew.  I am kind of annoyed about the dinks, but I know there are people who ended up with a lot worse.  One guy that Austin works with said that his whole back window got knocked out!  Sheesh!

I hope everyone around here is A-OK...let's make Thursday a better, less-ice bally day :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I hate hail. I'm glad it chose to stay away from me this go around. I have covered parking, but unfortunately, Texas weather has a habit of coming from all directions. Sometimes the cover helps, and sometimes it helps not so much. Glad it was over quick and your car is ok!*

    ReplyDelete