Saturday, September 22, 2012

projects 365 vol. 35 & 36

Well hello there!  How is everyone doing?  It's been a little while, huh?  I thought y'all would enjoy an update, so I'm bringing you a special DOUBLE EDITION of project 365!  So sorry that I have not been on top of my bloggin' game, but school and dance have been running my life as of late.  All that being said, here are my pics from the last two weeks!

Sunday September 2, 2012
A couple of Sundays ago, I was in Tyler visiting my madre's side of the family.  Look at this beautiful rainbow that I saw!  

Monday September 3, 2012
Monday the 3rd was Labor day!  I did not have to go to school, but I did labor.  I cleaned my whole apartment!!  And when I say "cleaned" I mean deep cleaned in all the cracks and crevices with real products and soap and everything.  It was an endeavor, but my apartment was sparkling by the end!

Tuesday September 4, 2012
Austin has a new hobby.  He bought himself a shotgun, and now he goes out and shoots things.  Over labor day weekend he shot some doves.  We put them in little beds of jalepenos and cream cheese, wrapped them in bacon, and grilled 'em up!  Ummm delicious.


Wednesday September 5, 2012
There are so many things I love about this picture.  1) This awesome "kickin' bass takin' names" mug that Austin and I found at our friends Kristi and Jeremy's garage sale (I still can't believe they wanted to get rid of this thing).  2) The Swiss Miss hot chocolate that is in this mug.  3) The marshmallows.  This set up has become somewhat of a routine for me in the morning time.  Hot choco, mallows, an egg, and Boy Meets World.  It puts me in the 6th grade mindset.  

Thursday September 6, 2012
Look at my purdy word wall!  We are learning so many fun words in the 6th grade!  I love acting out the new words that we come across while we're reading stories...I'm pretty sure my students think I'm experiencing some sort of withdrawal because I never fulfilled my 3rd grade dream of becoming an actress.  Oh well.

Friday September 7, 2012
I found this recipe for "chicken with green beans and new potatoes" on pinterest.  If you're a pinner, I'm sure you've seen it.  Has anyone else actually made it though??  I did on this Friday, and it was not a success.  The recipe is so enticing because it claims that you just "stick everything into the dish raw, throw on a stick of melted butter and a packet of italian seasoning, and put it in the oven for an hour".  Um, wrong.  After an hour, the chicken was done, but the potatoes were still kind of raw.  So, I left it in for like 30 more minutes, and by that time the beans were almost burned, the potatoes were still not completely done, and the chicken was overcooked.  What a joke!  Next time, I'll cook the chicken in the oven and the potatoes and green beans on the stove.  Whoever made this recipe needs some cooking lessons fo realz.

Saturday September 8, 2012
I got over my failed attempt at "the easiest chicken recipe in the world" by watching my Aggies on College Gameday!  They ended up running out of time (aka losing), but it was a great game and so much fun to see my beloved College Station on TV!  Yay for football season being back!

Sunday September 9, 2012
Guess what?  The dance studio that I work at (Dallas Powerhouse of Dance) moved to a new location!  We moved in over labor day weekend and the weekend after that.  This picture is of our lovely new staff room...it has an office, a little "living area", a kitchen, a storage closet, and two glorious bathrooms!  I actually put together that chair in the bottom left hand corner.  Isn't everything so pretty?!

Monday September 10, 2012
I won a contest last week.  My prize was that I got to have a free "bridal makeover" with a Mary Kay lady, and I could invite my friends!  I really like the idea of making a girly party spread, so I was excited to get the lady like grub.  You can kind of see everything, but I'll give you the line-up anyway: up top we have some chocolate chip cookies, then a big ol' plate of hummus with pita chips, some olives and spicy mix in the middle, an assortment of cheeses with crackers, and finally a little plate of herb seasoned shrimpys.  Delish!

Tuesday September 11, 2012
This happened in front of my neighborhood on my way to school on Tuesday.  It was weird and kind of stressful.  I'm always worried that if I drive too close to those flares, my tires will melt.  On another note, is it weird to anyone else that my middle schoolers were barely born when 9/11/2001 happened?  A lot of them didn't even know what it was.  That makes me sad and a little annoyed.  My school had an assembly, but only History classes were allowed to attend.  It sucks that it gets less and less meaningful every year.

Wednesday September 12, 2012
Guess where this shower is located?  In the new staff room of our new dance studio!!  How cool is it that we have a staff room shower?  I think at least a 9 out of 10.

Thursday September 13, 2012
My kids completed their first assignment that was worthy of the "Great Work" wall last week.  Their task was to make a "multiple meaning word flower".  In case you're not familiar, a "multiple meaning word flower" has a multiple meaning word in the middle (like freeze, park, hand, snap, etc.), and then each petal has a different definition or a picture.  All of the ones displayed here are A's!  My students are so smart!

Friday September 14, 2012
I know what you're thinking.  And no, I did not skip school to go to brunch that Friday.  I DID look at this brunch menu because we were planning to go here for brunch the following weekend.  Let's be honest though...I didn't get much further than the 99 cent frozen mimosas.  That's all I need to know :)

Saturday September 15, 2012
Saturday the 15th marked the second Saturday of Aggie football!  I was at dance, but Austin and some of our other friends went to tailgate at SMU's campus.  Look who they ran into!  That is Jerrod Johnson, A&M's former Quarterback.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment