Monday, February 27, 2012

munchies

Hey you!

Want something good to cook for dinner that's been approved by yours truly??  

Well here you go...

Try this Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad


This salad is very easy to throw together, and is super cheap!  I was full after eating about half of my plate, and there was enough left over for Austin to take some for lunch the next day.  I would definitely recommend this!

Get the recipe here.
Or give these Stuffed Zucchini Boats a whirl:


I saw these on Recipe Girl a few weeks ago, and tried them last week.  I thought they were SO good.  The filling for the boats is delicious on its own, so if you don't feel like hollowing out the zucchini, you could just use the recipe for the filling and toss it with the pasta and some tomato basil sauce.  You can find the full recipe here.

Ok, I have to stop the recommendations now. 

I made this Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables last week, and I wanted to show you guys because I think it looks pretty...


It might look comforting and delicious, but I can assure you it is not.  I don't know why, but this dish tasted gross.  It was just meh...there was no flavor.  I think the sauce needs to be kicked up a little bit or something.  Who knows what went wrong, but I will not be making this again.  If you want to see the full recipe you can check it out here. 

Alright, back to the normal, "make this for dinner", blog post.

These Sloppy Joes were great:


Austin actually found this recipe and asked me to make it.  It was SO simple and quick to make, and I will definitely have it in mind any time I need a yummy, fast dinner.  If you want the recipe, go here.

Now that you have my recommendations for din din, here are my picks for dessert:

Cinnamon Roll Cookies:

Here's the recipe...
Ok, I realize that I like, just made these, but I made them again for Austin's kickball game on Tuesday.  Then his game got cancelled, and I was left with an entire batch of these PLUS these Red Velvet Cookies that I made the day before so we could have a little something sweet in our lunches for the week:

click here for the recipe!
Cookies cookies cookies galore.  We lead a tough life over here...

No comments:

Post a Comment