Monday, January 23, 2012

blackened chicken caesar salad

Remember a few posts ago where I showed y'all this salad?


Now I want to tell you how I made it...because it was delicious!  And very, very easy.  

Here's the list of ingredients that you'll need:

-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-Blackened seasoning (I used Kroger brand, but you can get whatever you'd like)
-Romaine lettuce (1-2 heads depending on how big they are)
-Croutons (buy 'em in a bag, or make your own...I got mine at Kroger for one dolla)
-Parmesan cheese
-Caesar dressing

And some step by step instructions:

1) Coat your chicken with the blackened seasoning, and throw them on the grill.  If a) you live in an apartment that frowns upon outdoor grilling, b) it's the middle of winter, or c) all of the above, you can use a grill pan:


2) Once it's been about 3-4 minutes and your chickens have a nice color on one side, flip them over...


3) After another 3-4 minutes your chicken should have a good sear on both sides, but it will not be fully cooked.  I just stuck these suckers on a roasting pan and threw them in the oven at 350* to finish cooking.  I don't remember the exact time, but I want to say it took about 15 minutes or so, give or take.

4) Chop up the lettuce, and cube the chicken into bite size pieces.


5) Throw some lettuce on a plate, sprinkle on the cubed chicken, parmesan cheese, and croutons, and then drizzle the dressing on top.


Five easy steps, six simple ingredients, and you've got a delicious meal that is definitely boyfriend approved.

Now I'm off to make a chocolate mug cake because all this salad talk is making me hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment