Monday, January 2, 2012

christmas

Well, Christmas is over, and we're back in big D, but I had a wonderful time in Houston for the holidays.  I got to see almost all of my relatives, opened too many presents to count, and ate my weight in pecan pie.  It was a wonderful holiday :)

On the Friday before Christmas, Austin and I made the trek down to Houston.  He went on to his mom's house for Christmas eve, and I hung out with my dad's side of the family.  We had a Mexican feast with fajitas, enchiladas, rice, beans, fried plantains, queso, guacamole, and enough desserts to keep even the half ton man happy.  Here's my plate:

And here's my contribution to the feast:
7 Layer Dip
Oreo Balls and Homemade Peppermint Bark
After dinner we opened presents, played games, and ate more desserts.  On Christmas morning, we had one of my favorite things in the world...cinnamon roll pancakes!!

My sou chef, Jimbo Spice, was a big help...

This was the perfect Christmas breakfast.  The only thing I would've wanted more would probably be pecan pie, but I'd already eaten about half a pie the night before, so I thought I'd lighten it up a bit and just have these pancakes with a big side of bacon...

The holidays are all about moderation, folks.

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes even make Justin smile for the camera! :)
Ok enough about the pancakes.  After breakfast, Riley helped us open presents:



Then it was off to Trinity, TX to see my Nanaw and Peepaw at the lake!

As soon as we arrived, there was a Christmas lunch waiting on the stove, in the oven, on the table, in the fridge...there was food everywhere.  And I'm a Christmas piggy and ate everything up before I could snap any pictures...oops.  I DID get pictures of the unwrapping of presents though!


I love presents.  I love food.  I love family.  I love Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment