Monday, January 30, 2012

project 365 vol. 4

I can't believe January is almost over!  2012, how are you going by so fast??

...1/22 through 1/28 here we go:

Sunday January 22, 2012
Sunday was a day of football, as always.  In the middle of the first game I got restless and decided to make Austin and myself a snack.  Then, I put said snack on a tropical plate because I wish it was summer.  Have you guys ever made triscuitizers?  That's appetizers using triscuits in case you were wondering.  If you haven't, I think you should.  They're easy and they make your tummy happy.  The triscuitizer displayed above is as follows: cracked pepper & olive oil triscuits, a tomato slice, cheese (half of these are parmesan and the other half are goat), and a little basil to top it off.  I stuck these cuties in the oven until the cheese melted, and then I stuck them in my yapper.  Yum.

Monday January 23, 2012
I've talked on here about Pinterest.  I've also talked on here about the chocolate mug cakes from Pinterest that I love.  I put strawberries on top of mine because they taste delicious with the cake, and (I don't know if you know this or not), but if you put fruit on top of something that isn't very healthy, the fruit makes the not-so-healthy thing have zero calories.  It's pretty cool.  Here's a picture of my mug cake with strawberries and zero calories because I ate one on Monday night.  I might have also eaten another on Tuesday.  And Wednesday.  And Friday.  I took a break on Thursday and Saturday.  Saturday I had ice cream instead.

Tuesday January 24, 2012
Tuesday I got a call at 5:34 in the morning.  It was from my good friend, SubFinder.  SubFinder informed me that there was a substitute position open at an elementary school as a 4th grade teacher.  At 5:34 in the morning my brain wasn't completely turned on, so my thought process went something like this: "oh good, a job. elementary school...uh-oh.  never done that before.  small kids.  4th grade though...can't be too bad.  kids are big in 4th grade, aren't they?  no boogers or pants-wetters in 4th grade.  right?  what if I accept this job and someone wets their pants?  should I throw some extra pants in my bag today?  do I have pants that would fit a 4th grader?  ...At this point SubFinder cut me off and asked me to press 9 if I would like to accept the job.  I pressed 9 and taught 4th graders all day.  They were precious.  No one wet their pants.  The picture above is what we worked on all day...how to make boring sentences more exciting and grammar practice.

Wednesday January 25, 2012
I decided to take the day off on Wednesday and get some things done.  I needed to work on applying for some jobs (since I usually can't get on the Internet when I'm subbing...boo), write a decent cover letter, do some laundry, iron, make dinner, sleep, watch TV, plan some dance classes that I was teaching on Thursday, yada yada yada...  This is what my computer screen looked like.  If you like writing resumes and cover letters lemme hear you say, "Hey-oo!" ...me neither.

Thursday January 26, 2012
Thursday was a loooooong day.  I subbed for a Spanish teacher (whose students clearly drank a gallon or seven of sugar water before they came to class) all day.  Then I drove on over to the dance studio and taught cute little dancers from 4:30-8:30.  When I got home, I had a DVR full of goodies to watch (American Idol, Jersey Shore, Dance Moms...), so I did that and then went to bed.  Like I said, long day.  Good thing I had these dark chocolate hershey kisses to get me through it.  I love dark chocolate, and these kisses are the perfect portion for a small chocolate fix.  Over the course of my long Thursday I probably had about 14.  Perfect portion!

Friday January 27, 2012

I found this button on the wall in the Chemistry classroom I was in on Friday.  Where do teachers find all of these crazy things to put in their rooms?  I can't wait to have my own classroom and fill it with dog buttons.
Saturday January 28, 2012
When I teach my cute little ballerinas on Saturday mornings, hand sanitizer becomes my best friend.  I don't think I need to go into any further explanation on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment