Monday, January 16, 2012

project 365 vol. 2

 Here are my pics from January 8th through the 14th!
January 8, 2012
On our way home from the lake last weekend, we stopped at exit 164 to visit a place called "Woody's Smokehouse".  Woody's is known for it's smoked meats, cheeses, and jerky, but I chose to purchase this mini pecan pie.  As I've mentioned before, I had never tried pecan pie until this past Thanksgiving.  I can't say enough how mad at myself I am for that.  Pecan pie is my new favorite thing, and when paired with some vanilla ice cream, it was the perfect ending to my weekend.  

January 9, 2012
If you've never had the chips and guacamole from Chipotle alongside your burrito bowl, then you need to go and get some right this instant.  Austin and I ate this amazing combo on Monday night while watching TV, and it was delicious.  A wonderful start to the week!

January 10, 2012
On Tuesday of this past week, I went grocery shopping.  I had planned to make a roasted chicken for dinner at some point during the week, and the recipe I was using called for fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage.  I wasn't really looking forward to spending money on three individual herb packets because I knew most of those packets would end up not being used.  Bummer.  But then, as I was pushing my cart by the cantaloupes, this little guy caught my eye.  A poultry herb 3-pack!  1/3 of the price I was expecting to pay for my chicken herbs, AND none of it went to waste!!  Am I getting too excited about a little box of herbs?  Probably.  Oh well, it's the little things...

January 11, 2012
On Wednesday, I got to sub for the teacher that I did my student teaching with!!! It was so much fun to be back with my 7th graders!  Seriously, if I'm ever having a bad day I am just going to walk into that classroom because those kids make me feel so special.  All day as I was standing in the hallway in between classes, I heard my students yelling out things like, "Miss Chandler!! You're back!!!" or "Where have you been?! We missed you!!!" and "You have to stay here forever!"  I had the best day back in 7th grade again.

January 12, 2012
On Thursday nights we have a tradition.  Our good friend, Zac, comes over and we all eat dinner together while watching some Thursday night TV.  I love coming up with things to feed the three of us.  This week, I roasted a chicken (using my poultry 3-pack!!) and made this salad.  I was a little nervous to feed these two manly men a spinach salad featuring goat cheese, apples, and oranges, with a honey balsamic vinaigrette.  However, they ate it all up, and both declared that it was, "a LOT better than they thought it was going to be".  Victory for this little chef!   

January 13, 2012
My Friday the 13th was anything but unlucky.  I landed my favorite sub job thus far...a dance teacher!  I got to hang out in the Allen "Tallenettes" dance room all day, and got paid for it!  On top of that, the actual dance teacher was popping in and out all day, so I got to talk to her all about my dance background and how I want to be a dance team director one day.  It was a great day!

January 14, 2012
 On Saturday night a group of us went out in Dallas.  The second place that we went to sold these contraptions, known as "beer towers".  Obviously, our table ordered two...

No comments:

Post a Comment