Wednesday, August 1, 2012

project 365 vol. 29

Sunday July 22, 2012
Last Sunday Austin and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises.  I think this one was the best Batman movie yet!  I loved all the twists at the end, and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman was just the cherry on top.  If for some reason you haven't seen this movie yet, go right now!

Monday July 23, 2012
Last Monday was the start of Hip Hop Tots Camp at Powerhouse of Dance (the studio I work at).  I worked the camp all week long, and it turned out the be a lot of fun.  Little kids are seriously one of the funniest things in the world to observe.  Anyway, each day of camp we got to color a "hip hop picture", and this one was mine!  Look at how inside the lines I am, baby :)

Tuesday July 24, 2012
Here at some of the Hip Hop Totters coloring away on a Tuesday.  I think snack time/coloring was their favorite part of the day.

Wednesday July 25, 2012
On Wednesday of last week I busted out my pastry mat and made some dumplings!  I love love love making those delicious little dough strips and then sticking them into a pot of chicken/chicken broth.  It's also crazy to me how few ingredients go into them...flour, salt, baking powder, butter, milk.  BAM!  Chicken 'n Dumplings just like my grandma makes (kind of haha).

Thursday July 26, 2012
We went to a place that we'd never been before last Thursday, The Ginger Man.  This was a Beer Garden in Uptown, Dallas, and it had all sorts of yummy brews.  The beer list was great, but I was more concerned with the atmosphere and the list of "snacks".  The Ginger Man had such a great outdoor seating area, and I wanted to order everything on their menu!  I have a feeling that Austin and I will be back soon :)

Friday July 27, 2012
We went to Houston last weekend, and on the way we stopped at Cooper Farm's Country Store.  They had an awesome selection of peaches, veggies, other fruits, ice cream, honey, you name it!  We got some peaches to bring to Austin's mom, and our friend Jeff got ice cream and an apple pie.  I want to go back!

Saturday July 28, 2012
While we were in Houston, Austin and I stopped by our friends Jeremy and Kristi's new house!  The former owner of the house left all of her stuff for them to keep, sell, or whatever, so Austin and I had fun rummaging through/modeling some of the items.  Oh, and did I mention that the lady that lived there before them was about 100 years old?  

1 comment: