Sunday, August 26, 2012

project 365 vol. 32

Sunday August 12, 2012
Sunday the 12th was the last day of our lake weekend.  How pretty was our view??  We woke up, ate, cleaned up, and then hit the road jack.  There may have been peach ice cream consumed and a mini pecan pie purchased on the way home...

Monday August 13, 2012
I got to start decorating my classroom last Monday!!  As you can see from the picture, I had my work cut out for me.  My school was built a long long long time ago, so I had to work around the chalkboards and other old stuff.  It's kind of cool to step into my room because it feels like I'm going back in time!  I'm working on a before and after post, and I can't wait to show y'all how everything turned out!

Tuesday August 14, 2012
Something very exciting happened to me last week................I got to sign up for benefits!!  It's good to be off of daddy's plan and making my own way in this world in terms of doctors and dentists :)

Wednesday August 15, 2012
On Wednesday nights Austin and some of his guy friends play dominoes and order dominoes.  Last week it was our turn to host, and instead of ordering pizza the boys asked me if I would make them some...of course!  Any excuse to cook and wear my pink polka dot apron :)  I made them a regular ol' pepperoni and a BBQ chicken.  They were purdy good.

Thursday August 16, 2012
Last week started the beginning of my teacher inservice/professional development journey, and boy did we start it off with a BANG!  Harry Wong gave a great presentation to all of the new teachers in Dallas ISD...it was so cool to see him in person!

Friday August 17, 2012
After my new teacher orientation on Friday, I needed a break.  I had spent the first part of the week up at school decorating like a maniac and the second part sitting in inservices.  Cue Facebook, Project Runway, and some Woodchuck hard cider.  Perfection.

Saturday August 18, 2012
We took a tour of a local Dallas brewery last Saturday afternoon!  I'm not a huugggee beer drinker, but it was cool to see how it's made and get to try a sample straight out of the barrel.  We also got a free pint glass for going on the tour.  It was a great way to kick off the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment