Friday, December 28, 2012

5 Christmases

That's right.  This year, I had FIVE Christmases.  Holy toledo.

I love Christmas, so I was pumped last Friday when the bell rang, signaling my freedom until January 7th.  We had a whirlwind of a Christmas, and I am currently sitting on my couch, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the episodes of Ellen that I missed while I was gone.  I'm so thankful that I have these extra days after the big day to recover.

So, without further ado, I give you my 5 Christmases...

Christmas #1: Austin and Jamie


We celebrated Christmas together on Friday night (the 21st).  Austin got me an amazing gift this year.  You guys know I love to cook and bake, so a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer is something that I've been wanting for awhile.  I was just planning on registering for one, but Austin saved me the trouble!

I'm in love...
I got Austin some cash money to go towards his new set of golf irons, and I also got him a new golf hat and some stocking stuffers.


Stocking Stuffers
The next morning, we packed up, loaded up, and hit the road.  The stretch of 45 from Dallas to Houston is quite a familiar one for us.

I spy Buc-ee on the left!
Christmas #2: Austin's Mama

We drove straight to La Porte to visit Austin's mom.  I opened my presents from her (she got me some great stuff, including a "make your own wine kit"), and Austin and I headed to a tacky sweater party.  


Christmas #3: Austin's Dad

We headed to Austin's Dad's house on Sunday morning to hang out and watch the Texans.  The Texans did not do so great, but we had a nice visit! 

At this point in the trip, Austin and I parted ways, and I headed over to my Dad's house.  We did some last minute Christmas shopping and baking, and then went to sleep.  The next day was Christmas Eve, so we needed to get rested up!

Christmas #4: Dad's family

My sister, her hubby, and their dog got into town on Monday morning.  There was lots to do (and cook!) before we headed over to my aunt's house for our family celebration.  But first...it was time for some presents!!!!

Do you like my sister's FOX paper??
Chef nutcracker!
We got Dad a Kindle Fire...I think he likes it!
We got aprons!
Once the gifts were opened, we went to my Aunt Lana's house...


Dad started grilling up some fajitas, my aunts made enchiladas, and before we knew it, we had ourselves a little Christmas Eve fiesta!



YUM YUM!
Once we'd stuffed our bellies until we basically couldn't move, we played white elephant!  Here are two of my favorite gifts...
My sister opened a framed and autographed picture of my cousin, Josh.
Riley with some straw glasses!
Once white elephant was over, we opened some more presents!
Mimi!
Little ones under the tree
Christmas #5: Mom's family

On Christmas morning, we drove to my Grandpa's lake house.  It was cooooold!

Fox, Riley, Sherbo, me
My cousin Gregg cut the turkey and ham, and the rest of us got ready to eat!


DELICIOUS
 Once we had gobbled and gobbled, it was time for mooooore presents.  At this point, I was starting to feel quite spoiled.

Peepaw
Nanaw
I spent the night at the lake, and the next morning Austin came and picked me up.  We got back to Dallas around 4:00 on Wednesday, and we were pooped.

I think I'm going to look like Lucy for awhile...


Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year everybody!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That tex-mex feast looks amazeballs! You don't know how I long for good Mexican food right now! I also saw on tv that George W. Bush and his family always eat Mexican food on Christmas Eve. Little trivia for ya.

    I love this post because it's so like me and my husband. Before we moved, juggling the holidays was always tricky tricky business. We liked to do one holiday just the two of us (either Thanksgiving or Christmas). That meant that the other holiday was split between his dad's family, his mom's family, and my family. That's a lot of family squeezed into one day. But we liked it. Glad y'all had a lovely Christmas! Wishing you and Austin a great new year!*

    ReplyDelete