Tuesday, April 16, 2013

greek chickpea pasta salad

Today I want to show you guys a new lunch favorite.  I made this light and delicious greek chickpea pasta salad on Sunday night, and I plan to munch on it every day this week.  I originally found this recipe at one of my favorite spots, eatliverun, and it came out tasting great.  Here's how to make it!

Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad



Ingredients:
1 cup dry pasta (I used rotini)
  • ¾ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 6-oz jar quartered artichoke hearts
  • ½ cup chopped olives
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • pinch of sea salt

  • Directions:
    1) Cook you pasta according to package directions (mine went in the pool for 10 minutes).  Drain the pasta and set aside to let it cool.

2) In a big bowl, mix together the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, chopped olives, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.


3) Stir in the cooled pasta.


Viola!  This stuff is literally as easy as 1, 2, 3!  Like I said, it's great for a light lunch or as a side dish for a summer potluck or picnic.  I'm linking up for taste of tuesday with Jessica and Ashley.  Won't you come and join us?!

8 comments:

  1. YUMMM! I love these types of "salads" because they are perfect to take for lunch! Glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum that looks delish! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is good! The perfect thing for lunch!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! This is so my speed! I don't like olives though (blech!) but I can easily sub those out for something more tasty (bell peppers!) Love this - thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad I made something Amy friendly. This usually doesn't happen because Austin is a mega meat eater, ha. I hope you like it!

      Delete