If you've ever met my sister, you probably know a few things about her. First, she has red hair and resembles a fox (that's why I call her "Fox"). Seriously, she should've auditioned for the part of "Foxface" in The Hunger Games Movie. Second, she's really good at math. Finally, she makes
awesome desserts, specifically these oatmeal cookies.
My family used to BEG her to make these on special occasions. They are chewy, soft, and just plain yummy. I think today is the perfect day to show you how she makes 'em!
Homemade Oatmeal Cookies
-1 cup Crisco (I use their baking sticks)
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 1/2 cups flour
-2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
**Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees!
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the Crisco, sugar, and brown sugar. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl afterwards to get any stray stuff!
2) Crack in the eggs, and add the vanilla. Stir that up!
3) Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour, and give that a whirl. Be sure to start your mixer on the lowest speed so you don't end up with flour all over the place. Not that I'd know from experience or anything...
4) The last step in the mixing process is to add in the oats. I like to do this in two groups (add 1 1/2 cups of oats, mix, add in the other cup of oats, mix) so everything can get incorporated correctly.
Your finished dough should look like this:
5) Roll the dough into balls, and place them on a lined baking sheet. Stick this in your 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes.
6) When your timer goes off, place the cookies on racks to cool.
These cookies come together really quick. I managed to make these and dinner last night before Austin's kickball game. Since I've been dubbed "team mom", I took the cookies for the team to enjoy as a victory snack!
|Let's Go Kickerbockers!!|
I'm linking up with Ashley and Jessica for Taste of Tuesday today...come click around for some new food ideas!