Tuesday, April 30, 2013

taste of tuesday: cedar plank salmon

Guys, I am pumped about today's Taste of Tuesday post!  I've been wanting to try Jenna's Cedar Plank Salmon forever, but I never have because I don't have a ding dang grill.  However, I recently discovered that some things taste absoulutely delightful when made in the oven instead of on a grill.  Soooooo, I just took Jenna's original recipe and adapted it to fit my apartment lifestyle.  Here's how I did it...

Ingredients:
marinade
1/4 cup chardonnay
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper  

for the salmon
1 large salmon filet (about 2 1/2 lbs)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cedar planks, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes

Directions:

Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the salmon.  I used a pyrex baking dish, but you can use whatever container strikes your fancy.  Stick that in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but preferably an hour.  While your little fishy is marinating, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.


Once you're done with the marinating, place the salmon onto the cedar planks and top with the thinly sliced lemon and rosemary.  Stick those in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the salmon is pink and can be flaked with a fork.


Once your salmon is done, serve it up with a lemon and some rosemary.  I also whipped up some roasted asparagus and mashed taters.  This was good eatin'! 


PS- I did not eat that entire piece of salmon by myself.  This recipe serves about 4 or 5 people, but I just stuck the whole 1 1/4 lb piece on my plate because I felt like it. 

I'm linking up with Ashley and Jessica for Taste of Tuesday today...I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. I've always been intrigued by cedar plank salmon. I had no idea it was so easy! (I don't know why I thought it was hard; it just intimidated me.) Now that we can get fresh fish (Gortons was all we could get in Germany) we are eating it once a week and looking for ways to mix it up. I'll be remembering this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was intimidated too, but it turned out to be pretty simple. It's definitely just a once in awhile thing with us though because the salmon/cedar planks are a little pricey. It's worth it though...totally delish!

      Delete
  2. Wow you did a fantastic job! This looks amazing, like it was right out of a fancy restaurant!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com
    I would love to follow you on twitter @ToriGStyled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check out your blog. My twitter name is @jlchandler8911 :)

      Delete
  3. A) Wine as a marinade... SOLD!
    B) I love that the salmon doesn't fit in the dish, ha!
    C) My first thought was "wow, that's a HUGE serving of salmon" haha!
    D) So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes the salmon was HUGE! It fed us for two meals. I love this link up!!

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh!!
    LOOKS AMAZING

    and btw i thought that that was a LOT of salmon!! hahaha.

    totally trying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It really is pretty simple, and the results are delicious. It's one of those "if you buy simple, quality ingredients, you'll end up with good food" kind of meals that Ina Garten is always yapping about.

      Delete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious! I have to try this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum i love salmon and cooking it on a plank of wood is a wonderful way to add flavor without calories.

    ReplyDelete