Friday, June 17, 2011

My day in Pictures

Happy Friday everybody!!  I'm glad that the weekend is finally here!  Today was my last day of class, so now I'm free from school forever...until I start teaching that is (haha).  Since it was the last day I thought I'd bring some treats, so I decided to make chocolate chip cookies.  But, when I started making them last night I realized that I only had about 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips, so I decided to improvise.  I had some peanut butter chips laying around, so I just threw those in there and bam...choco-PB cookies.  Here's what the finished product looked like:

And here's what they looked like after my class was over today:

I guess they were alright...

Anyways, like I said today was the last day, so I got some feedback on my mini lesson plan that I presented yesterday.  My teacher gave me a 3 (the highest possible grade), and told me that my lesson plan was "fantastic".  Not to toot my own horn or anything, but toot toot!  I was so excited...especially since I did my lesson plan on English, not dance.  I know I can teach dance, but it was good to hear that I'm pretty good at teaching English too.  

After my class was over today I came home, took a little nap, and then went into work at 5:30.  We were pretty busy tonight, but it wasn't too bad.  I actually like it better when it's busy because time goes by a lot quicker.  I got cut around 9:30 or so, and went to Walmart to buy a bag to put Jimbo's padre's day present in.  When I walked in I was immediately drawn to the fabulous Father's Day display that was set up in the front of the store:

But as I look closer I noticed that one of the featured items was a little odd...

I guess Walmart just decided to get practical this year?  Anyway, I thought that was worth sharing, and after spying that enema gift suggestion the hits just kept on coming!  As I was walking to the checkout lane I saw "The Fighter" on blu-ray for 13 ducks...now that's a deal people!  I immediately added that little gem to my cart, but when Olga was scanning the movie it came out to be $25--bummer.  But remember: Walmart workers will give you pretty much any price that you want, so I politely let Olga know that the shelf said $13, and without even missing a beat she changed the price in the computer.  Puppy!  I also got to see the guy in front of me (who was buying 14 cans of vienna sausages and a 6 pack of Coors Light) almost throw down with the woman in front of him and Olga.  Pretty eventful trip for only being there about 15 minutes.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Austin to meet up with my Dad and some of his side of the family, so I'm sure I'll have some good stories to share on Sunday!  Interesting stuff always goes down when the Chan clan gets together.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!    



No comments:

Post a Comment