Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Retail Therapy and SYTYCD

Today I had school again.  All was well and good until about 2:00 when my teacher started to drone on and on and on about all of the procedures and guidelines for dealing with "exceptional learners & English language learners".  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for equal opportunities in the classroom, but the way that this woman presented the material was SO boring.  So, by the time 4:00 came around I was left with a huge headache and way too much information about all of the different types of "learners" I'll be dealing with.

So what's a girl to do when she's in need of some major boredom recovery?

SHOP of course!!  So that's exactly what I did.  Hey, I needed to go to the mall anyway to get Jimbo a father's day present...two birds, people.  As I strolled through the mall I instantly felt better.  Almost EVERY store was having some kind of sale and I had plastic gold sitting in my purse: gift cards! I ended up getting a pair of shorts and a top at Express (thanks to my sister and her hubby for the gift card), a six dolla shirt from American Eagle, a topper from Banana Republic, and some sweatpants from Victoria's Secret (not as exciting as underpants, but these will probably cover more surface area).  Oh yeah, I did find something for my pops, but that is a secret because I think he takes a peek at this thing every once in awhile, and I don't want to spoil his surprise.

Ok, so I had a great time on my shopping spree, but of course I can't go anywhere without something ridiculous happening to me...

While I was in the dressing room at Express I was taking off my old, boring clothes before trying on the new, potentially fabulous ones, and somehow I kicked one of my pink flamingo socks into the room next to mine.  And I don't mean I kicked it a little so it was kind of straddling our two rooms border patrol style, I mean I kicked that flamingo clear across the border and into Mexican territory.  My sock was now enjoying a margarita and working on its tan.  I looked under the stall to see if anyone was in there, and staring back at me were a pair of purple wedges.  Great.  I wasn't sure about the protocol on this type of situation, but I guessed that reaching my arm into her stall wouldn't exactly be appropriate.  Time for plan B.  I crouched down so I was once again face to foot with purple wedges and said, "Um, excuse me but I think my sock got kicked into your stall."  Nothin'.  Apparently the owner of these awful purple wedges not only lacked taste, but was also hard of hearing.  Guess I should've been listening to those strategies for dealing with exceptional learners after all.  I pondered a few other options (going 1/2 sockless for the remainder of my trip, reaching my hand under and hoping purple wedges wouldn't notice, etc).  I finally just decided to wait it out, and practiced making scary faces in the mirror until wedge woman exited her stall.  I'm happy to report that I left Express with both of my socks and did not get arrested for any kind of sexual offense in the process.

I got home just in time to watch So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), which was amazing.  The best dance of the night was choreographed by my would-be-husband-if-he-wasn't-gay, Travis Wall (duh).  I'm excited to see who gets the boot tomorrow.  The rest of my night was boring: laundry, dishes, homework.  I'm currently sitting in my bed watching tonight's chick flick: Sleepless in Seattle.  Hope everyone had a happy humpday!       

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha I love this Jam! Just a few comments:
    1. I bet you take the two birds saying quite literally.
    2. Travis Wall statue dance??? fantabulous

    -Wonks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Wonks! I'm glad people are actually ready this thing :) And yeah I was definitely talking about statue dance...I love Travis SO much. I keep trying to get him to retweet me, but no luck so far :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about SYTYCD I always just brought food, but Pink Flamingo socks?????? Love it!! It is so you Jam Jam!

    ReplyDelete