Monday, June 27, 2011

Summertime Weekend

This weekend really felt like summer!  On Friday night I had to work, but when I got off around 10:00 I came home to scoop up Austin, and we went over to our friends Paul and Megan's apartment.  We hung out over there, learned a new game, broke Megan's blender, and went to our favorite burger place: In 'n Out baby!  Paul had never been there before, so of course we had to take him :)  We went through the drive-thru, adorned our paper hats, and then chowed down on some double double animal styles.  If you guys haven't been to In 'n Out yet please come up to Dallas immediately, and me and Austin will show you the ways.  

On Saturday we woke up, had our morning coffee/hot chocolate, ate some breakfast, and then headed down to the pool.  Laying out by the pool with a book is seriously one of my favorite summertime activities, and is also one of the only ways I can get myself to read haha.  While we were laying out our friend's Andrew and Angel came over to hang out.  Austin went to high school with them, and now they live in Dallas, so we have more friends up here...yay!!
Austin's reading a book about WWII, and I have The Devil Wears Prada
Austin took a little break to go play at the park right next to the pool :)
On Saturday night our other friends Daisy and Caesar joined me, Austin, Andrew, and Angel at our apartment to have game night.  Austin and I cooked dinner (spaghetti for the boys and shrimp linguine for the girls with bleu cheese salad and garlic bread), and then we played cranium and pictionary.  The dinner was fast, and turned out really good.  To make the shrimp pasta I just sauteed some squash and zuccini in about a tablespoon of olive oil, then cooked the shrimp in the same pan with a little bit of minced garlic.  I added in some cooked linguine, and it was dinner time.
Delsihh
Of course I had to pair it all with a big glass of riesling...
While we ate dinner we watched the US v. Mexico Gold Cup Final game.  The US team lost, but we didn't let that ruin our evening!  After the kitchen was clean and the soccer was over we switched into board game mode.  Up first was pictionary, and we played in teams of couples.


We couldn't really figure out how to use the board for this game, so we kind of just took turns drawing and guessing, but eventually got bored (no pun intended), and switched to cranium.

For cranium we played boys v. girls...
Look at that crack squad of girlies
And the stinky boys team...
The boys ended up winning (boo), but then we played again with mixed teams, and me, Austin, and Angel won (woo!).  By the time we finished the second game I was a sleepy bear, so while the boys played video games me and Daisy fell asleep on the couch.  Yesterday we pretty much just bummed around all day, and then while I went to the rabba's Austin played tennis and hung out with Caesar.  This morning Austin went to his new work to fill out paperwork because he starts on Friday (!!!).  I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is having a happy Monday!  I'll leave you with a picture from Saturday night of Angel's dog, Mia, just lounging on our chair.
What a cutie! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to try that recipe! It looks great! Dang girl you have a lot of friends!

    ReplyDelete