Saturday, June 11, 2011

My first!

Hello hello to the blog world! I have been pondering the idea of starting a blog for some time now, and I decided that now would be the perfect time to start because I am starting a LOT of new things in my life, and hey why shouldn't a little bloggy blog be one of them?!

So here's the skinny: I just moved to Dallas with my favorite butt head, Austin--also known as the boyfriend. Pretty much my entire family lives in the Houston area, so I thought this would be a good way for them to keep tabs on me, and I also thought this could be something cool for me to look back on when I'm older than the hills. Like it says in my bio over on the Ralph (right), I just graduated from Texas A&M (gig 'em aggies!), and I am currently obtaining my teacher certification.  That's another reason I wanted to start a blog: teacher stories. Growing up with a school nurse for a mom definitely made for some interesting dinner conversations, and I figured you guys would get a kick out of some of the stuff America's youth is up to these days.  The last reason I wanted to start up this thang is to share some of my favorite recipes.  I love to cook and bake, and want to invite all of you into my kitchen. I am by no means a gourmet chef, but I like to think I know a little bit about the odds and ends of whipping up a yummy dinner.

Well, there you have it. I want to share my experiences on cooking, teaching, dancing, and life in general with my family and the rest of the world, so that's what I'm gonna do!

Here are a few pics so you can put names to faces:
That's me with Austin before an aggie football game last season.

Here's me with the fam...from L-R we've got Sherbo (mom), me, Erin (my older sister aka: Fox), and Jimbo (dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment