Thursday, August 25, 2011

eats and activities

Howdy howdy!

This week has not been very exciting...just hanging around the house/doing errands during the day and then tearing it up at Carrabba's come nighttime.  I can't wait for my student teaching to start on the 7th so I can have something exciting to do during the day!!

Anyways, the week started off with a little bit of softball.

Every week before the game we all meet up at Stan's Bluenote--a bar downtown that sponsors the team. Me and Austin decided to eat dinner there this week since he came straight from work and I came straight from the dance studio.  Oh yeahhhh I have to tell y'all about my new job!!

I love it!!!  I wish I could teach there every night, but since I have school until 4:00 I can't.  Oh well twice a week is enough to get my dancin' fix :)  On Mondays I assist a 5-6 year old ballet/tap/jazz/acro class.  It is pretty much exactly how you would imagine a room full of 5-6 year old girls in leotards and tap shoes.  When I walked in the room all of the girls were buzzing around, and I was immediately asked to remove one of them from the ballet bar that she was currently dangling from.  The class was a zoo, and I couldn't get enough of it.  I think the highlight was watching them all dance freestyle to Michael Jackson's "Bad" while they waited to go across the floor during the acro part of the class.  I was cracking up...I can't believe I actually get paid to do this! 

Ok back to the softball!  The Chewies were on their A-game on Monday for sure:


Austin got to bat twice, and both times he got a double!!  He also made a couple of really great catches in the outfield.  They ended up losing, but the team they were playing had three players that used to be on college baseball teams--I'd say that's a little bit of an unfair advantage haha.  The Chewies definitely held their own though, and after the game everyone was excited about how well they played!

I made these for treats after the game:
I got the recipe here
Another fun part about softball games are all the cute little puppies roaming around.  I like petting them!


After Monday night the rest of our week wasn't that eventful.  On Tuesday I made pizza:
Recipe for the dough from my favorite blog
Then yesterday I made these (with a little grilling help from Austin):
Recipe can be found here
These were really good, but what made them awesomeee was this pico:

I kind of made up this recipe as I went along, but basically I just threw these ingredients into a bowl and stirred 'em up:
-1 avocado, cubed
-1 tomato, diced
-1/3 of a bunch of cilantro (about a handful)
-About 2 slices of red onion, diced (I don't like red onion very much, so I don't use a lot--you could certainly use more if you want!)
-Juice of 1/2 of a lime
-Salt and pepper to taste
**You could also add a jalapeno if you want, but I am not a fan so I leave those suckers out!  

Tonight we're having the leftover tacos for din din and then tomorrow I have to work all night so Austin is on his own, and I'll probably just have Carrabba's bread to hold me over until I come home and raid whatever's left in our fridgey.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment