Sunday, October 16, 2011

dinner time

Here's how my recipes for this week turned out:

On Sunday we made this...
Pan seared steak with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus

The verdict?  Delicious.  All we did was marinate the steak all day using this marinade, and then Austin pan seared it.  I roasted the asparagus (coated in olive oil, salt, and pepper) for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  For the spuds I just made them like any normal person makes mashed taters.     

On Tuesday we had this:
Chicken stir fry
Verdict: pretty good!  Austin requested that the next time we make this we add peas.  I can't find the exact recipe I used (oopsies), but I literally just googled "chicken stir fry" until I saw something that looked good.

And then on Wednesday we had this:
Cheesy tortellini
With this:
Yummy Carrabba's bread with herbs and olive oil
Survey says?  Yum!  An easy dish to whip up on a busy week night.

All of this stuff was really great, but my favorite dinner of the week was Austin and my anniversary dinner at Texas de Brazil.  We were both in food comas fo sure.  My favorite thing there are the fried bananas.  Austin's is the house specialty steak.  Austin gets frustrated with me that my favorite thing to eat at a STEAK house is a banana, but I like what I like :) 

This is what I'm thinking for this week:
Monday- Stan's for dinner, but I want to make these for the team snack
Tuesday- Lettuce Wraps courtesy of my good friend, Rachel Ray with fruit salad
Wednesday- Creamy White Turkey Chili from eatliverun
Thursday- Buffalo Chicken Tacos with home-style fries
Friday- Leftovers/going out!

We're having a special guest stay with us next weekend, so maybe she can help me cook!  

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment