Sunday, October 9, 2011

menus

I will be the first to admit that I am not necessarily the most organized person in the world.  Often times I wait until the last minute to do things, I can be a little bit forgetful from time to time, and I don't really understand bills and money and deadlines for the cable company.  However, I love love LOVE to plan my eating schedule for the week.  I am constantly checking food blogs and looking for new recipes to try, and every Sunday I make a menu for the week.  I write it on a notepad and leave it on the kitchen counter so I can refer to it every day.  My dream is to someday have a house with a perfect little kitchen that has a huge blank wall that I can hang a giant chalkboard on and write out my menu every week.  I will most likely purchase said chalkboard from etsy.com.  Never heard of etsy?  You're missing out.  Go look around for an hour, or seven.

Anyways, this was my menu for the past week:

Sunday- Gumbo with Chicken and Shrimp over Rice
Here's the recipe

Monday- Stan's mini burgers before the big Bacca playoff game.  I made some of my sister's famous oatmeal cookies for after-game-snacks:

Tuesday- Chicken Tex Mex
Recipe is from this

Wednesday- I had planned to make Chicken Stir Fry, but if you'll remember last Tuesday was the great Carrabba blackout of 2011, so we ate lasagna instead.

Thursday- Once again, I planned on making something else, but since I had perfectly good Carrabba's sitting in my fridge I stuck the meat in the freezer and chowed down on some Italian.

Friday- Leftovers

This past week turned out to be underwhelming in terms of cooking, but I'm hoping the coming week will make up for it.  Here's what I have planned:

Sunday (today)- Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus

Monday- Staneroo's

Tuesday- Chicken Stir Fry

Wednesday- Tortellinni in Marinara Sauce with Italian Bread (aka Carrabba's bread)

Thursday- Austin's taking me out for our 2 year anniversary celebration! <3

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Triple date with two of my besties from high school and their boyfriends...the destination is TBA

Looks like it's shaping up to be a week of good eats!  Until then, I'm going to get back to my apple treats that I'm making for tomorrow's softball game, and try to erase the last 7 seconds of the Texans game from my memory.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment