Sunday, January 20, 2013

change of plans

Even though I had a menu all set up, the theme of last week was "there's been a change of plans".  

We kicked things off with fajitas, rice, and beans on Sunday night while we watched football.  Our friend Caesar came over and grilled up the meat, and Austin and I were in charge of the sides!  Here was our spread: 


Fresh guac and pico!
 I use the pioneer woman's recipe for pico de gallo and guacamole, but I usually make it with a purple onion instead of a regular one.  Both of these got good reviews from the boys!  Here's a link to the recipe in case you want to try it out: pico & guacamole

My plate!
Caesar got the meat (carne asada and ribs) from the Mexican Meat Market over by our apartments.  I don't know what they marinate it in, but that stuff is GOOD.  It's also interesting to me that they cut their ribs differently than we do (they're in slices instead of individual bones).

Our friend Zac came over for dinner on Monday night.  We made a calzone!


I used the pioneer woman's recipe for the pizza dough, and then stuffed it full of sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis.  It was not necessarily the healthiest of meals but it was yummy!


I was teaching dance all night on Tuesday, so I made some spaghetti sauce for Austin on Monday night.  To make my sauce I just used a jar and a half of regular marinara, and then I add in a pound of ground beef, some fresh basil, and a few dashes each of oregano, parsley, and garlic powder.


Austin cooked up some whole grain pasta when he got home Tuesday night, and he had himself a simple, healthy meal!


Wednesday night started the whole "change of plans" theme.  While I was at work, Austin sent me an email: "Hey, do you want to go to the Mavs/Rockets game tonight?"  Yeah buddy!  I love a good sporting event.  Especially when there is an opportunity for us to be on the Kiss Cam!  

Needless to say, my plans to make a grilled chicken greek salad had to be switched.  I got a burger and fries at the game and stuck the chicken in the freezer for another time.


 The Rockets lost and we didn't get on the Kiss Cam, but we still had a lot of fun.  I love that we live so close to the American Airlines Center because it is really easy for us to go to games!

I had dance again on Thursday, so we ate the leftover spaghetti.

Friday was another "change of plans".  Austin had some issues with the battery in his car, so we spent the majority of the evening dealing with that.  We got everything all fixed and then headed over to Chipotle.


By the time we actually got to leave the car place it was like 8:30 or something ridiculous like that, so I WENT TO TOWN on this bowl.  I love me some Chipotle. 

Austin and I like to go out on the weekends (who doesn't, right?), so we went to a little bar close to our apartment on Saturday.  I got a pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries.  YUM!  


I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make calzone for a while, but I'm chicken. (I've never made dough before.) I should just get over it and give it a go.

    I also checked out the link for the pico. My husband loves pico! When we make it, we just wing it, but maybe a recipe would yield tastier results. Looks easy enough.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dough recipe I use is really easy to make. You should try!

      I honestly don't really use a recipe for my pico either haha. I just put it up here in case someone needed one!

      Delete