Wednesday, January 2, 2013

project 365 vol. 51 & 52

Sunday December 23, 2012
The day before Christmas Eve was a busy one in terms of shopping, baking, and general Christmas prep.  I made homemade Chex Mix for the first time, and I think it turned out pretty ding dong good!  I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it is to make.  All you do is mix up a bunch of dry ingredients, pour on some butter and other spices, and cook it for an hour.  Viola!  Chex Mix!
  
Monday December 24, 2012
Christmas Eve!  If you read my Christmas recap post, you know that we celebrated C.E. with my dad's side of the family.  We went to my Aunt Lana's and had a wonderful time with my wonderful family.

Tuesday December 25, 2012
I was at my grandparent's lake house for Christmas day.  That's my grandma.  We sat next to each other while we opened presents, and I kept telling on her for peeking at her presents before it was her turn to open.  I love my Nanaw :)

Wednesday December 26, 2012
I spent the morning after Christmas being lazy.  I laid on the couch for a good while, and my grandma let me flip through her recipe box.  I found a good one for a chocolate pie!

Thursday December 27, 2012
Even though I'm on my break, I still have some school stuff to do.  The main thing I'm working on over the break is reading this book.  The kids are starting this novel when we get back, so I decided to get a jump start.  I actually finished it this past weekend, and it's pretty good, especially for a middle school aged book.  

Friday December 28, 2012
 Can you tell what that is?

I'll give you a hint.  It's a poster of flesh-eating zombies from a local shooting range.

Ok, that was more than a hint, but oh well.  Austin brought that home on Friday.  He is looking at getting a handgun, so he went to test some out with our friend Zac.  When they came home, Zac and Austin stuck that on the wall.  We obviously have some different ideas about how to decorate...

Saturday December 29, 2012
I got my nails did on Saturday in preparation for NYE.  I found a great deal on Groupon, so that was definitely a bonus.  This is the first time I've ever gone a little crazy and done the "accent nail", and I ended up liking it.  I don't get my nails done very often, but I might start trying these funky trends when I do.

Sunday December 30, 2012
Austin and I went to the movies on Sunday!  We hardly ever find the time to go to the movies, so it was a treat!  We saw Skyfall, and we both really liked it.  Good story line, cool but not super gory action, and a couple of cute James Bond jokes.  I also may or may not have pretended that I was a secret agent once we were in the parking lot after the movie was over...

Monday December 31, 2012
New Years Eve!  Goodbye 2012!  Hellooooo 2013!  Austin and I celebrated with a group of friends, and we had a lot of fun.  I just love having someone to smooch at midnight!

Whew!  Project 365 is officially over for 2012!  I can't believe I made it a whole year.  I'm thinking that in 2013 I'm going to do a monthly recap with pictures and highlights instead of doing one of these every week.  That way, I can focus on getting back into my weekly recipe posts.  I'll also keep up my posts on major life events and activities.  

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment